Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.9.4 Works On More D3D11 Support, Better WebServices Reader

Phoronix: Wine 1.9.4 Works On More D3D11 Support, Better WebServices Reader

Wine 1.9.4 was released today as the latest bi-weekly Wine development release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Gief WPF?

Comment

In theory, mapping DX12 calls to Vulkan calls should be easier than DX11 to OpenGL. I hope they'll start working on that.

Comment

In this wine version have some work related vc++ libraries and seems fix some issues with start 64bit apps

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
          In theory, mapping DX12 calls to Vulkan calls should be easier than DX11 to OpenGL. I hope they'll start working on that.
          I hope that they would give a date for D3D11 green status. And an efficiency percentage that they can finally keep. They are not trustworthy.

Comment

If there's no Vulkan on MacOS they might no care about it no?

Comment

They don't even want to merge Gallium Nine...

Comment

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
                They don't even want to merge Gallium Nine...
                Maybe it is because Gallium9 is only geared toward a specific use case (essentially AMD+DirectX9) I will give you that this software stack is really good at what it aims todo. I had a A10 laptop that I tried out Gallium9+patched wine a while back, it offered much better performance than the catalyst drivers could squeeze with all my old blizzard games. But the only logical way forward for Wine is going to be DX→Vulkan translation. Gallium is forever going to be off doing it's own thing like Pluto.

Comment

Working...
                X