Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wayland Issues Still Ahead Of Fedora 24

Phoronix: The Wayland Issues Still Ahead Of Fedora 24

Back in January was a look at How Close Fedora Is To Switching To Wayland By Default while this week is an update about the issues still blocking Wayland from becoming the default for the next Fedora Linux release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i wonder if the Mouse Pointer issues have been fixed, i was hoping to download a LiveDvD this morning but none have Built

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
      i wonder if the Mouse Pointer issues have been fixed, i was hoping to download a LiveDvD this morning but none have Built
      Rawhide broke the other day, I'm not sure if its gotten fixed yet.

Which mouse pointer issues were you having?
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post

Rawhide broke the other day, I'm not sure if its gotten fixed yet.

Which mouse pointer issues were you having?
        well its the ' Mouse Cursur " in f23 Wayland, it Disapears, which is annoying to say the least, iv'e seen other people having the same problem, an no Rawhide Lives are still Broken. but i wanna Test if thats still the case in Wayland 1.10

Comment

Graphics tablet support is the big one for me. mousewheel tends to be funky, too.

Comment

Tablet support is nice, but a blocker? Give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
              Tablet support is nice, but a blocker? Give me a break.
              Just to be clear, these are discussions about wacom tablets. Fairly popular.

Comment

One of the red hat guys was also working on FIrefox support. Has he merged his stuff upstream?

Comment

just ask one question during install: "do you want to use features x, y and z and suffer legacy desktop?" and select default session based on answer

Comment

Looks like attracting mobile touchable screens only. Desktop key issues seem being already solved.

Comment

Working...
                    X