Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calamares 2.0 Distribution-Independent Installer Released

Phoronix: Calamares 2.0 Distribution-Independent Installer Released

Calamares 2.0 was released today as the newest major release of this distribution-independent, open-source installer framework...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

As a Sabayon user, I was not impressed when Sabayon switched to Calamares, as we lost disk encryption support. I see it still hasn't been added :/ It's not exactly the kind of thing you want to try to retro-fit. But they did rewrite the partitioning logic. <sigh>

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post
      As a Sabayon user, I was not impressed when Sabayon switched to Calamares, as we lost disk encryption support. I see it still hasn't been added :/ It's not exactly the kind of thing you want to try to retro-fit. But they did rewrite the partitioning logic. <sigh>
      LUKS support is still planned. But first LUKS support has to be improved in KPMcore (the library part of KDE Partition Manager). There is some very basic support but it's not enough. Maybe there will be some GSoC students working on it, we'll see.

Comment

Working...
      X