Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Truck Simulator On Linux

Phoronix: American Truck Simulator On Linux

Another year, another simulation game from S.C.S Software. I should preface this article by saying I am not usually a fan of simulation game-- whether they be truck, plane, bus, or anything else. That being said... I might be a convert after this...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That game on Intel graphics? Wow! I have Intel HD 530 so that's really good to know.

What were your settings?

Comment

Originally posted by kneekoo View Post
      That game on Intel graphics? Wow! I have Intel HD 530 so that's really good to know.
      To be fair.. I'm on Skylake with 2133mhz RAM. So, that's quite a bit more powerful than your HD 530.

With that build however, the game auto-configured me for Medium quality.
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Can you honk at girls, yell nasty things, drive drunk, text while driving, and visit strip clubs? :P

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          Can you honk at girls, yell nasty things, drive drunk, text while driving, and visit strip clubs? :P
          I didn't get far enough in the game to try lol. You are forced to do jobs until you get your own place, once you have your own place you can do 'free roam' and just drive around. But getting your own truck is like $100,000, and each job only pays like $1000-2000
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post

I didn't get far enough in the game to try lol. You are forced to do jobs until you get your own place, once you have your own place you can do 'free roam' and just drive around. But getting your own truck is like $100,000, and each job only pays like $1000-2000
            You can also loan to get a truck if you want assuming the same gameplay is identical to Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Comment

I've owned ETS 2 for a while and it's definitely a little different from other sim games. It's surprisingly relaxing, honestly... at least when you get the hang of the controls and aren't swearing as your cash flow goes down the drain from truck damage.

Comment

in addition, Truck Simulator series are known to be mod friendly. SCS even release a tool set for Blender.
                SCS Software's official blog - information, screens & movies from our truck simulator games Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator.

Comment

I've been playing ETS2 for a while, and have found that without a steering wheel the game is only reasonably playable with mouse-steering, as keyboard controls hardly allow to drive curves without crashing, and gamepad steering is too slow for quick turns.
                  It takes a few minutes to get used to mouse steering, but once one has the hang of it, it's extremely precise.

Comment

Originally posted by soulsource View Post
                    I've been playing ETS2 for a while, and have found that without a steering wheel the game is only reasonably playable with mouse-steering, as keyboard controls hardly allow to drive curves without crashing, and gamepad steering is too slow for quick turns.
                    It takes a few minutes to get used to mouse steering, but once one has the hang of it, it's extremely precise.
                    Steering is indeed ftw... But my wheel is too big. And I do not really like these kind of games, but ETS2 at least kept me driving for a while.
                    I would want to have a working Steam Controller in a way that I can look or steer in an easy way.
                    Or rift DK2 support for linux...

Comment

Working...
                    X