Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring RTS Open-Source Engine 101.0 Released

Phoronix: Spring RTS Open-Source Engine 101.0 Released

Spring RTS 101.0 has been released with performance improvements, bug fixes, and new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    benchmarks?
    As far as I know, the Spring RTS games don't have any working, proper benchmark mode support.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
      benchmarks?
      Frankly it's not that good looking either, not sure if it's optimized well too.

Does anyone still play it?

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
        Frankly it's not that good looking either, not sure if it's optimized well too.

Does anyone still play it?
        Generally speaking people don't play engines, they play games built on the engines. It's still home to the best RTS, Zero-k.

Comment

Originally posted by SaucyJack View Post

Generally speaking people don't play engines, they play games built on the engines. It's still home to the best RTS, Zero-k.
          And games on that engine, still look quite dated.

Comment

As someone who is involved with Spring from time to time. It takes a team of 30+ artists working full-time for multiple years to create a triple-A game. So yes, it looks dated. At this moment there is no viable open source business model for game development.
            I'm looking for it and I see possibilities with in-game bitcoin payments, but that's all theoretical.

Comment

Working...
            X