Wayland & X.Org Foundation Both Make It For Google Summer of Code 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland & X.Org Foundation Both Make It For Google Summer of Code 2016

Phoronix: Wayland & X.Org Foundation Both Make It For Google Summer of Code 2016

While traditionally Wayland summer projects have been tucked into the X.Org umbrella with their longtime involvement in Google's Summer of Code, for GSoC 2016 there is now Wayland as its own organization alongside the X.Org Foundation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hm, almost an hour since the article was posted and no comment about how X should die and how any resource spent on X is a resource stolen from Wayland. Must be a slow day.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      Hm, almost an hour since the article was posted and no comment about how X should die and how any resource spent on X is a resource stolen from Wayland. Must be a slow day.

All resources are being repurposed towards the RasPi vs. the World flamewar. That, and it's still pretty early throughout the US/Canada, and the day is still pretty busy throughout Europe.

Comment

Hey Michael, Mozilla's Servo also made it into GSoC
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
          Hey Michael, Mozilla's Servo also made it into GSoC
          That's actually really cool. Anything to push Servo forward is great in my book

Comment

Working...
          X