The Intel Mesa Driver Is Getting Incredibly Close To Nailing OpenGL 4.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Intel Mesa Driver Is Getting Incredibly Close To Nailing OpenGL 4.3

Phoronix: The Intel Mesa Driver Is Getting Incredibly Close To Nailing OpenGL 4.3

While the open-source Intel Mesa Linux graphics driver yet doesn't expose OpenGL 4.0 compliance for missing out on FP64 support, as written earlier this week, that code is about ready for its review and could land in Mesa soon. Once that's out of the way, Intel's Mesa driver is stomping very close to OpenGL 4.3 compliance and another GL 4.3 extension was enabled today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

actually GL_ARB_compute_shader on desktop GL requires some major compiler work to support the standard minimums. SIMD32 is the codeword, I'm not sure anyone is tasked to complete this work yet. So we probably will get to 4.2 for a while first.

Comment

I hope that OpenGL 4 is possible for Haswell too, in the current series there is a check for gen 8. GL_ARB_stencil_texturing is marked for Broadwell+ too, that's annoying. Vulkan is only partly working with Haswell - but there are only a few systems using Broadwell/Skylake now, my newest is Haswell.

Comment

only 5 very simple patches of those 50+ are intel-specific

Comment

Looking at the patches, almost all of them concern mesa in general and are not intel-specific. I guess, it wouldn't be much work to enable the internalformal_query2 extension for gallium drivers as well.

Comment

other missing 4.2 and 4.3 extensions are also almost done for radeonsi, there is no reason tho think that they will not be done in 3 months

Comment

Is there someone working at GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior?
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Dave Airlie sent a patch to enable GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 for the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                  Is there someone working at GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior?
                  i guess it is being ignored because it is unused

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                    i guess it is being ignored because it is unused
                    I guess it's much more intelligent to keep advertising 3.3 compliance because we miss some stupid feature and force people to override GL version.
                    ## VGA ##
                    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
                    X