Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.9.5 Starts Landing The D3D Command Stream Work

Phoronix: Wine 1.9.5 Starts Landing The D3D Command Stream Work

Wine 1.9.5 was released today and it's a rather exciting bi-weekly update to the Wine stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome! A lot of people have been looking forward to the "CSMT" D3D Command Stream changes for awhile, ever since Stefan Dosinger proposed the initial implementation.

It's great that the work is finally going in.

Comment

Slower than apocalypse for a paid company.

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
        Slower than apocalypse for a paid company.
        Yeah but they're providing a free and open source re-implementation of an already existing commercial product, and with meticulous attention to detail - often fixing bugs that Microsoft has neglected over the years. And they are open to outsider contributions and patches.

Comment

Hi, just a question, is Command Stream for D3D the same thing as CSMT which you can use in wine-staging for longer period of time yet? Or are this two different things?

Comment

Now Wine has CSMT? How did I have it for over a year? Oh wait, cause I get Wine from other sources.

Comment

Originally posted by scorp View Post
              Hi, just a question, is Command Stream for D3D the same thing as CSMT which you can use in wine-staging for longer period of time yet? Or are this two different things?

AFAIK they are the same, but CSMT (Command Stream Multi Threaded) in Wine Staging has been a work in progress, and thread safety was a big concern, and IIRC the reason it has taken up until now to be incorporated into Vanilla Wine.

Comment

neat, now I can run my games from before 2006 faster

Comment

In my mind the major improvement of this release is the 64bit mono support. I think that will allow applications such as latest versions of solidworks to install correctly, though I haven't tested it yet.

Comment

In this wine version appears added begins of CSMT code

However in tests dont appear changes compared with previous stefan dosinger wine git

Wine 1.9.5 + Nvidia 361.28

Wine 1.9.5 + Nvidia 355.00.09

Wine 1.7.51 (stefan dosinger git) + Nvidia 355.00.09

Comment

Working...
                    X