Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avidemux 2.6.12 Brings VP9 & H.265 Improvements

Phoronix: Avidemux 2.6.12 Brings VP9 & H.265 Improvements

It's been a while since last hearing anything major out of the Avidemux free software video editor project. However, available this weekend is the Avidemux 2.6.12 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I thought this software was total crap that only outputs in AVI format, why are they supporting these codecs if all they can do is output AVI anyways? Or are they actually better than that (because they should really change the name if they can output mp4 and mkv... Avi is well known by many as the worst format in history of video file formats)

Comment

I thought this software was total crap that only outputs in AVI format,)
      LOL, of course it can output in mp4, mkv, flv, MPEG-TS, etc. avidemux is a great application for what it does (trivially simple editing).

Comment

Originally posted by Hibiki Kanzaki View Post

LOL, of course it can output in mp4, mkv, flv, MPEG-TS, etc. avidemux is a great application for what it does (trivially simple editing).
        yep,
        its my favourite cutter

Comment

It seems program name got quite misleading these days. And btw, where one supposed to get recent source? It seems their wiki is a bit outdated, and, er, do they really using SVN?

Comment

Working...
          X