Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 11.2-RC3 Now Available, Mesa 11.2 Hopefully Coming This Week

Phoronix: Mesa 11.2-RC3 Now Available, Mesa 11.2 Hopefully Coming This Week

Mesa 11.2.0-rc3 is now available via Git as the latest weekly test release to this upcoming major Mesa release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i reckon Mesa 12.0 wont be released till after Mesa 11.6

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
      i reckon Mesa 12.0 wont be released till after Mesa 11.6
      It's highly unlikely there will be a Mesa 11.3. We are 1 extension away from OpenGL 4.3 and a few patches away from 4.4

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post

It's highly unlikely there will be a Mesa 11.3. We are 1 extension away from OpenGL 4.3 and a few patches away from 4.4
        i still doubt it, as to what i stated above. but AFAIK or i might be wrong intel drivers are yet to reach openGL 4.0 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

i still doubt it, as to what i stated above. but AFAIK or i might be wrong intel drivers are yet to reach openGL 4.0 ?
          Intel just needs fp64 to reach 4.0, (and another trivial fp64 extension to reach 4.2 support, which would be enough to bump the version to 12.0). The fp64 code for gen8+ is all done, and starting to be submitted to the list for review now.

It's pretty much guaranteed at this point that Intel is going to have 4.2 support in 3 months.

Meanwhile, nvc0 just needs image support (in progress but complicated) and radeonsi just needs image support + atomic counters to reach 4.2.

Whether they will reach that in 3 months is more debateable, i suppose. I'm fairly certain they can, the question is whether they will prioritize the work high enough, or if they are instead focused on other things right now. Marek has been working on some OpenCL interop code lately, and i think the other dev is currently taking vacation, so we'll have to see how that goes and whether they get back on it before 12.0 is ready to release. I suspect they will, though, and it would be shocking if it didn't happen even after 6 months (and a 2nd release).

Edit:
          Here's my understanding of what the 3 main drivers still need for full GL4.5 support.

all drivers
          4.3 robust_buffer_access_behavior (not started)
          4.4 enhanced_layouts (in progress - patches are out (all?), seems very close if they can get reviewed)
          4.5 ES3_1_compatibility (in progress - needs some ES extensions but they're basically just different entry points to existing code/features)
          4.5 cull_distance (not started)

intel
          4.0/4.2 fp64 (patches are done, needs lots of review)
          4.4 texture_stencil8
          4.4 query_buffer_object

gallium (nvc0 and radeon)
          4.2 shader_image_load_store and shader_image_size (in progress, gallium core done)
          4.3 fbo no attachments (in progress, very close)
          4.3 internalformat_query2 (patch out and reviewed, not committed yet)

radeon
          4.2 atomic counters
          4.3 shader_storage_buffer_object
          4.3 compute
          4.4 clear_texture
          4.4 query_buffer_object
          Last edited by smitty3268; 08 March 2016, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X