Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Appears To Be Rolling Out FSP 2.0 Blob

Phoronix: Intel Appears To Be Rolling Out FSP 2.0 Blob

A controversial point of Intel's Coreboot support has been the FSP, or Firmware Support Package, which is needed for initializing the systems on all recent hardware generations. With the upcoming Apollo Lake it appears there is now a "FSP 2.0", but still relies upon binary blobs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

F.u.c.k. you Intel.
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Wow that's a massively immature response from somebody who probably doesn't even know how to run Linux there.
      Fascinating how he didn't have that response for AMD who requires binary blobs in basically all of its products.. but then again, it's not about being technically competent for some people, it's more about spewing filth and hatred at a company that has contributed more to open source in a single day than he will ever contribute to anything in his entire life.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
        Wow that's a massively immature response from somebody who probably doesn't even know how to run Linux there.
        Fascinating how he didn't have that response for AMD who requires binary blobs in basically all of its products.. but then again, it's not about being technically competent for some people, it's more about spewing filth and hatred at a company that has contributed more to open source in a single day than he will ever contribute to anything in his entire life.
        As far as I am informed thats completly false statement you made there. A amd hardware will boot wonderful up without any blob, some graphics features will maybe not work like vdpau maybe even 3d, dont know what all is in the radeon blob, but it boots up and you should at least if not more get a cli on your monitor. Happy to learn what exactly does not work, and what works.

but to have a bricked device without a blob now like intel did. it for me unacceptable. Of course most intel or amd boards dont work without a bios blob, but thats only because nobody done the effort to do that, this fsp garbage blobs are intentionaly designed to be unreplaceble (for security reasons, so the nsa has more "security" over you).

Thats steps to close things more and more up, its one thing to be not there already to have last few anti-feature blobs from your current machines, but suchh moves makes it more unlikely that we ever be there.

Never again intel, except amd does also such dick moves and no other alternative is there, then I maybe give in to this complete dictatorship, too. I guess if you dont want to be pay with your live, you have to play even along to some degree with a dictatorship.

And btw, I understand now how our parents did accept nazi geramny and did not fight it, we would not risk much to demonstrate this worldwide dictatorship, but we dont do it, they did risk their lives.

So we prove that we all would not have opposed to hitler. And yes the drone murderes are the same quality than gasing other minorities, and the quality why we say this was so bad, was because it was organised so well, killing people very good organised, well drone murdering is organised also very well.

yes I gone maybe a bit OT, but the complete survalance works hand in hand with drone murdering programs, so its all related.
        Last edited by blackiwid; 09 March 2016, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
          F.u.c.k. you Intel.
          Same here
          Firmware blobs everywhere so that the greedy bastards can spy on everyone and have their backdoors in there.

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post

yes I gone maybe a bit OT, but the complete surveilance works hand in hand with drone murdering programs, so its all related.
            I think you're a smart man.
            I was thinking that if we ignore and allow mass surveilance, then every whistleblower or anyone not agreeing with the government will be killed easily, even before having a chance to go public with what he discovered or what he thinks.

Comment

Working...
            X