Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Is Now Part Of The Eclipse Foundation

Phoronix: Microsoft Is Now Part Of The Eclipse Foundation

Well, Microsoft is continuing in their open-source/Linux announcements. Succeeding yesterday's announcement of Microsoft SQL Server coming to Linux, today the Windows maker announced they are joining the Eclipse Foundation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder what interest they have in Eclipse Foundation and what this will lead to. How they will affect the project, what they will do, and in which way they will contribute.

Imagine Java on .NET or C# on Java.

Comment

R.I.P. in peace Eclipse

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
        R.I.P. in peace Eclipse

Written out without abbrevations: rest in peace in peace Eclipse. Does not compute.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
          R.I.P. in peace Eclipse
          ... seriously? It's just a few addons, loosen that tin foil a bit.

Comment

microsoft will absorb linux. rip linux

Comment

Hopefully the Eclipse community is aware of Microsoft's long and malicious history of "embrace and exterminate".

Comment

MS will be relying on the level of Windows 10 cloud-service integration. Expect the development ecosphere to be extended into the cloud, from the Windows desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
                  Hopefully the Eclipse community is aware of Microsoft's long and malicious history of "embrace and exterminate".

We must trash MS from any open source project !

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    Imagine Java on .NET or C# on Java.
                    You don't need to imagine, Java on .NET is already a thing. The project isn't as dead as the web site would suggest, see the blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X