Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few More AMDGPU Changes Line Up For Linux 4.6

Phoronix: A Few More AMDGPU Changes Line Up For Linux 4.6

While the main AMDGPU pull request for Linux 4.6 happened back in February, another pull request was sent in today with more AMDGPU DRM fixes into DRM-Next that in turn will make it for Linux 4.6...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks like 4.6 will be a great release for AMD GPUs.

Comment

I follow the development of the AMDGPU and it can be seen they work really hard to finalize the code for Linux. If AGD5F can tell me when he expect to mainline DAL it would be good.I see the 3rd version has been added to his branch. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by LN17 View Post
        I follow the development of the AMDGPU and it can be seen they work really hard to finalize the code for Linux. If AGD5F can tell me when he expect to mainline DAL it would be good.I see the 3rd version has been added to his branch. Thank you.
        I have not seen a new version on dri-devel yet, and probably for good reasons: Getting the DAL code into the kernel requires taking care of some feedback that will require some bigger changes to the architecture of the driver. See this message on dri-devel and the following 13 messages for the feedback the first version received.

Comment

I'll be happy the day my 390x just works without all these fricken manual compiles and hunting of specific tweaks to work around problems...

Comment

when amdgpu for GCN 1.1 will enable by default? and all of this AMDGPU for GCN 1.2+ changes are also for gcn 1.1+?

Comment

Working...
            X