Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Developers Are Hoping To Further Improve NetworkManager

Phoronix: GNOME Developers Are Hoping To Further Improve NetworkManager

GNOME developers working on NetworkManager are hoping to further improve this important networking component of the Linux desktop. In particular, they are hoping to make the command-line NetworkManager (nmcli) more useful...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So... nmcli will be left with only 2-3 switches/commands to make it more user friendly? :P

Comment

Oh, finally. The only purpose of nmcli at present is so idjits can say "but NetworkManager does have a CLI, that's not a reason to avoid it!".

Better late than never, though.

Comment

People still use Gnome after MS bought it or did I miss something?

Comment

Make systemd-networkd the cli for NetworkManager..

Comment

Originally posted by MNKyDeth View Post
            I think you're missing a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by MNKyDeth View Post
              Can't tell if troll

Comment

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post

Can't tell if troll

more like a clueless fool desperately attempting at trolling without realizing you need to know the topic

Comment

Network manager is crap tho... They should rather just start over and make sonething that's... well... not crap.

Comment

I hope we can finally see a Wi-Fi connection menu à la wifi-menu. Even with a command line interface, I find this way too complicated. A curses interface or something similar would be great indeed, at least in my opinion.

Or, at least make the command line switches less cryptic (or is it just me?).

Comment

Working...
                    X