X.Org Server 1.18.2 Brings DRI3 Fixes, Better GLAMOR & XWayland Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server 1.18.2 Brings DRI3 Fixes, Better GLAMOR & XWayland Updates

Phoronix: X.Org Server 1.18.2 Brings DRI3 Fixes, Better GLAMOR & XWayland Updates

While there is nothing to report yet on the release of X.Org Server 1.19 even though we're nearing a half-year since the 1.18.0 debut, the latest xorg-server 1.18 point release is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Maybe that'll fix gpu hands from i915 on skylake intel iris hardware. Let's hope!

Comment

I have a Radeon R7 250 (open source driver) and I tried out dri3 on my system. It caused a lot of crashes on my steam games. Any fixes for dri3 related crashes are great news to me.
      Last edited by Prescience500; 12 March 2016, 06:20 AM.

Comment

So I updated x to 1.18.2, xf86-input synaptics git, xf86-input-libinput git, xf86-video-ati git and xf86-video-intel git and now X starts doing

after a while. Hm...

Edit: Wait, it might also by the kernel upgrade to rc7.
        Edit2: Nah, pretty sure it's xorg server. I tried updating to latest git and switched xf86-video-intel latest git from uxa to sna. Result: X completely locks up everything (no tty switch working anymore) while starting plasma and on the second try even on sddm. Then I removed xf86-video-intel and used modesetting. Still no prime offload sink capability :/. Looked better for a while, but after locking the screen and going away for a couple of minutes, X hangs again. tty switch still works, X again has 100% cpu usage, most of it kernel usage.
        Lastly, downgrading to x.org 1.18.1 and using xf86-video-intel with sna again - so far it looks fine.
        Last edited by haagch; 12 March 2016, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Confirmed: X server problem: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=94515

Should we all run xorg git too to catch this stuff?

Comment

Any chance we could get another GLAMOR, SNA, UXA benchmark? It would be interesting to see if GLAMOR has closed the gap in terms of performance and/or power usage.

Comment

Over the weekend, I tried enabling DRI 3 on my Radeon HD 6450 in my HTPC running Kodi on top of Fedora 23 and GNOME Shell.

Unfortunately, enabling DRI 3 resulted in graphical glitches when switching back and forth between kodi and other virtual desktops, so I had to disable DRI 3. Has anyone else seen any DRI 3 issues with GNOME Shell on F23?

Comment

Working...
              X