The Air Cleaning Systems Still Working Out Well For Our Computer Equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Air Cleaning Systems Still Working Out Well For Our Computer Equipment

Phoronix: The Air Cleaning Systems Still Working Out Well For Our Computer Equipment

While waiting on the new tile in the server room to dry, I figured I would share a brief update on the state of the air cleaning systems being used...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Washable and re-usable air filters would be more logical, instead of using brand new ones coming from hundreds of kilometers.

Comment

Michael, I think that you should go watercooling the whole room like Linus did here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8bL...Zxn3Z4t1_xFunu

Comment

Originally posted by trifud View Post
        Michael, I think that you should go watercooling the whole room like Linus did here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8bL...Zxn3Z4t1_xFunu
        It's not practical at all buying 60+ water blocks, figuring out a huge radiator and pump setup, etc. Besides making it next to impossible to change out computer components or do any maintenance without turning off all the systems.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          It's not practical at all buying 60+ water blocks, figuring out a huge radiator and pump setup, etc. Besides making it next to impossible to change out computer components or do any maintenance without turning off all the systems.
          "Hot plug" water-cabling exists...

Beside that: I love it that you use these filters. I have been looking at it for quite some time now. Dust is a big problem in my SOHO, and I mean a really big problem. Having roomba's and scooba's only keeps the floor clean.
          I hesitated to try it because 1) noise, 2) 45m2/100m3 is expensive, 3) the chance of all these cleaners just being a health hoax.
          In ascending order of importance...
          Your review left me with 1... low/no noise is very important.

Comment

If you have a whole house air conditioning or hot air heating system, try one of the "allergen reduction" air filters. The smaller pore sizes trap a great deal, and will reduce the load on your server room filters. I have 3 cats and dog, it has helped.

Comment

If you have hairy animal (like your dogs or our cats), I would suggest adding a Roomba and/or a Scooba to your "hair-hunting" implements.

I'm *REALLY* happy since I've got them.

Comment

Working...
              X