Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CryENGINE V Released, Now Under A "Pay What You Want" Model

Phoronix: CryENGINE V Released, Now Under A "Pay What You Want" Model

Crytek used the Game Developers Conference this week to launch CryENGINE V...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cryengine used to have an OpenGL renderer, also supporting Linux. No word of Vulkan is no good sign.
    It's a shame, it looked very well, technically

Comment

If they will not support Vulkan I will offer them half a penny for the full source code.
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

what about the editor? why we still need windows? we still depending on windows!!!!

Comment

I tried creating an account but their website gave a 402 Bad Gateway error, now it says an account is already created with my email and I cant log on with it even after a password reset :-/

Comment

No Vulkan or OpenGL support?

Comment

Originally posted by triangle View Post
              No Vulkan or OpenGL support?
              OpenGL support is here (but I hear it's shit) don't hold your breath for vulkan (considering the mountain of years it took crytek to make the opengl renderer playable) Crytek just don't like Linux very much.

Comment

According to docs it builds on linux http://docs.cryengine.com/display/CEPROG/Linux I can't try it though since the site is flipping out, I keep getting wrong password even though I reset it and tried 3 times.

Comment

docs seem not yet updated, still for cryengine3 which used to run on Linux, of course

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                    I tried creating an account but their website gave a 402 Bad Gateway error, now it says an account is already created with my email and I cant log on with it even after a password reset :-/
                    same situation

If they can't even give you a website that either works, or fails properly, I'm not gonna bother trying the rest of their products.
                    (I know, not the same guys writing those two, but that's the impression they give me from their company)

Comment

Working...
                    X