Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon DRI3 Performance On Ubuntu 16.04

Phoronix: Radeon DRI3 Performance On Ubuntu 16.04

In continuation of the results earlier this week looking at How Ubuntu 16.04 Is Performing With AMDGPU/Radeon Graphics Compared To Ubuntu 14.04 With FGLRX, here is an extra run with the Radeon/AMDGPU results while enabling DRI3 rendering support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hello Michael.

Will you post any new kernel (4.5 final or ubuntu's 4.4 with drm from 4.5) with amdgpu enabled for CI card or you have abandoned that ?

Comment

Originally posted by netkas View Post
      Hello Michael.

Will you post any new kernel (4.5 final or ubuntu's 4.4 with drm from 4.5) with amdgpu enabled for CI card or you have abandoned that ?
      I did some CIK AMDGPU tests not too long ago. (http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...R7-260X-AMDGPU and http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=22774). I doubt the performance has really changed much since then. Will re-test the AMDGPU CIK support again when either it's enabled by default or some more interesting work has merged that affects CIK.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I did some tests recently amdgpu vs radeon on bonaire

radeon a little bit faster, so is not much sense to use amdgpu with bonaire, until apdgpu hybrid will be released

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

In this forum me with Kaveri and other with Bonaire have testet amdgpu cik and performance is good compared to crimson and radeon. Cik driver hangs your pc after starting X with 4.5.0 final, copy amd folder from 4.5-rc5 to 4.5.0 final source if you want use that. More information how to install in this video:
          In the Video are most important Linux kernel settings to make amdgpu to work with a Amd A8-7600 Kaveri Apu. The amdgpu driver is as fast as Crimson in games ...
          I found that this happened on my 390x (which is now RMA due to overheating issues) and the way I solved it was making the performance/power states RW on boot and adjusting them to performance/high. I don't believe AMDGPU is worth the trouble for CIK parts yet until we see considerable improvements because the standard radeon and dri3 driver works better/same.

In saying that AMD is close to becoming ditched from my PC, just too many AMD videocards have died for me, yet NON of the NVIDIA cards I have used ever had issues ( I have had ALLOT of videocards). Talking with fellow friends online, even some with R9 Fury, the consensus is pretty much uniform, AMD hardware is just inferior driver/thermal department which explains the failure rates I have seen.

Comment

Working...
          X