Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.20 Release Candidate Now Available

Phoronix: GNOME 3.20 Release Candidate Now Available

The GNOME 3.20 release candidate is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looking forward to the iterations of Gnome Music, Gnome News, Gnome To Do, Gnome Calendar and other Niche apps that follow the Unix Philosophy of "Do one thing, and do it well."

Now if only they would include Top Icons, Panther Launcher and Dash to Dock as default extensions they would meet users expectations a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
      Looking forward to the iterations of Gnome Music, Gnome News, Gnome To Do, Gnome Calendar and other Niche apps that follow the Unix Philosophy of "Do one thing, and do it well."

Now if only they would include Top Icons, Panther Launcher and Dash to Dock as default extensions they would meet users expectations a lot more.
      Agree about TopIcons. Added to that I would also like a version of Pixel Saver (one that does not use xprops but mutter APIs, so it can work in wayland) and Status Title Bar, so I can have a setup that does not waste ridiculous amounts of vertical space on giant title bars, out of the box.

Comment

I agree about TopIcons too.

As for Dash to Dock and Panther Launcher, I'm perfectly happy without any icons on the desktop and without encumbered menus. By default everything is as near as "<Meta>+first characters of your app" and that is all I need.

Comment

Working...
        X