Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTX 900 3D Support, AMDGPU Reset & Other Exciting DRM Highlights

Phoronix: GTX 900 3D Support, AMDGPU Reset & Other Exciting DRM Highlights

The super exciting DRM subsystem updates for Linux 4.6 have been mailed in and it's one of the most exciting open-source DRM display/graphics driver updates in recent releases...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh nice. I use AMDGPU on my main system at home and I run into what I assume to be GPU hangs every once in a while, mostly with applications like VLC player in fullscreen but sometimes with gnome-shell as well (though the former could be caused by the latter obviously).
    Unless those are fixed at the root (aka the application does not lock up the system in the first place) this might be mitigated in three months.
    Last edited by CrystalGamma; 21 March 2016, 12:01 PM.

Comment

As has been noted many times before, the core reset code was implemented, but it's not yet hooked up by default in amdgpu.

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post
        Oh nice. I use AMDGPU on my main system at home and I run into what I assume to be GPU hangs every once in a while, mostly with applications like VLC player in fullscreen but sometimes with gnome-shell as well (though the former could be caused by the latter obviously).
        Unless those are fixed at the root (aka the application does not lock up the system in the first place) this might be mitigated in three months.
        Reproducer and a bug report go a long way towards fixing things like this

Comment

Working...
        X