Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 364.12 Arrives With Wayland & Mir Support

Phoronix: NVIDIA 364.12 Arrives With Wayland & Mir Support

NVIDIA's 364 Linux driver series is now available and it's pretty darn exciting!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thank you Nvidia!
    Vulkan and Wayland support coming out means we are on the way to getting Linux to be a first-rate platform for modern graphics.

Comment

I am amazed at the rate the graphics stack on linux is improving. To remember where we were just 2 years ago and where we are now. nVidia delivering on wayland and mir support, AMD showing serious promise with their hybrid stack, a proper graphics API...

I didn't think it was possible to improve the situation so fast! 2016 is shaping up to be such an amazing year for linux! I am impressed.

Comment

This is awesome, great AMD, as well as NVIDIA, news in the same week! Just the thought of proper DRM KMS support is awesome! Finally we can use KMS for all drivers and not have to stare at a 320x200 display while the system is booting up.
        This hasn't really been an issue for me for a couple of years since I've been using the AMD radeon(SI) drivers since first KMS came out.

Comment

Originally posted by mdias View Post
          I am amazed at the rate the graphics stack on linux is improving. To remember where we were just 2 years ago and where we are now. nVidia delivering on wayland and mir support, AMD showing serious promise with their hybrid stack, a proper graphics API...

I didn't think it was possible to improve the situation so fast! 2016 is shaping up to be such an amazing year for linux! I am impressed.

I think Valve has a lot to do with this, is helping lots the linux games and drivers on it.

Comment

Does Wayland support Vulkan?

Nvidia does have Vulkan drivers out for Linux. Does Intel and AMD have that yet?

Comment

I have a GTX 260.

I wonder if nVidia will support DRM KMS and Wayland on legacy drivers.

Comment

Wow, this must be the most feature full updated I have seen -- still wondering does PRIME really works now ? Can we drop bumblebee ?

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                  This is awesome, great AMD, as well as NVIDIA, news in the same week! Just the thought of proper DRM KMS support is awesome! Finally we can use KMS for all drivers and not have to stare at a 320x200 display while the system is booting up.
                  This hasn't really been an issue for me for a couple of years since I've been using the AMD radeon(SI) drivers since first KMS came out.
                  Any one have find out how to enable KMS or run Wayland? I instaled the drivers, add nvidia-drm with option modeset=1 to boot and they is no change in the console resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
                    I have a GTX 260.

I wonder if nVidia will support DRM KMS and Wayland on legacy drivers.
                    Nope.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X