No announcement yet.

OpenGL 4.3's ARB_internalformat_query2 Is Now Ready For All Gallium3D Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL 4.3's ARB_internalformat_query2 Is Now Ready For All Gallium3D Drivers

Phoronix: OpenGL 4.3's ARB_internalformat_query2 Is Now Ready For All Gallium3D Drivers

Shortly after the massive RadeonSI GL4 shader image work that landed yesterday, another OpenGL 4.3 extension was enabled in Mesa Git for all Gallium3D drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Only ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior is left for OpenGL 4.3. (https://www.opengl.org/registry/spec...s_behavior.txt), which was approved
    Approved by the ARB on 2012/06/12. Looks like mesa could be less than 4 years behind opengl very soon! I remember when mesa was 10 years behind, just a handful of years ago. So, this is pretty exciting!

Comment

The only thing I have ever used that feature for is checking for missing OpenGL3.0 features in NVidia drivers (non quadro driver should not technically be allowed to claim OpenGL 3.0).

At least now we can hopefully soon start using this feature always to detect required OpenGL 3.0 internal formats, instead only querying NVidia drivers.
      Last edited by carewolf; 22 March 2016, 01:52 PM.

Comment

wine is using it to get the real format behind d3d formats. Performance should increase. (I'd expect bug to come as well)

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
          The only thing I have ever used that feature for is checking for missing OpenGL3.0 features in NVidia drivers (non quadro driver should not technically be allowed to claim OpenGL 3.0).
          You are talking about the blob, not nouveau, since nouveau only now got this extension, right?

Comment

and mesa 11.2.0? they forget to release that?

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post

You are talking about the blob, not nouveau, since nouveau only now got this extension, right?
              Of course. Only the blob disables features based on whether the hardware is Quadro branded or not.

Comment

Working...
              X