Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomb Raider Is Arriving On Linux This Spring

Phoronix: Tomb Raider Is Arriving On Linux This Spring

The game that Feral Interactive has been teasing about on Twitter in recent weeks turns out to be the game many were looking forward to, Tomb Raider 2013...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks to the magic of SteamDB this has been slightly an open secret for weeks, although that Feral is porting it is new to me. Glad to have this coming, I got a copy of it a while back and never quite finished it so moving it to my Arch install might just make me finish it finally

Comment

Hopefully they won't mess this up like XCOM
      Hopefully Rise of the Tomb Raider will show up as a volcanic port. D3D12->Vulkan should work out. However, seeing MS pay Square Enix for this game being exclusively on Xbox and Windows for some time, I don't see that anytime soon...

Comment

Yes I check it here:

and wonder why it takes them so long. The changes from Mac should be marginal.

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post
          although that Feral is porting it is new to me
          it was expected since they made mac port

Comment

Originally posted by juno View Post
            Hopefully they won't mess this up like XCOM
            Hopefully Rise of the Tomb Raider will show up as a volcanic port. D3D12->Vulkan should work out. However, seeing MS pay Square Enix for this game being exclusively on Xbox and Windows for some time, I don't see that anytime soon...
            They already screwed up the PC port - you can see even one digit fps values on the console-like PC (with R7 360 gpu, while it is a bit better with 750ti - 15 fps) on a console-like settings while you have almost constant (28-30) fps on Xbone in the same location (Geothermal Valley). DX12 does not help much here.

Regarding linux port of TR 2013 - if it's going to be another NV-only poor port then it is a waste of time, AFAIK TR2013 runs pretty well on Wine (although didn't test for my own).

Comment

I really hope they release Witcher 3 for Linux, and perhaps Fallout 4 sometime under Vulkan, those two games are the main reason why I still use windows.

There are tweaks you can do to XCOM2 to resolve allot of the stutter and fps issues, little bit harder to pull off on AMD cards but maybe its better now with the new driver, I can't test anything until another month thanks to my 390x having issues.

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post
                Thanks to the magic of SteamDB this has been slightly an open secret for weeks, although that Feral is porting it is new to me. Glad to have this coming, I got a copy of it a while back and never quite finished it so moving it to my Arch install might just make me finish it finally
                You may want to check this https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl.../page=3#r55769. Tomb Raider has a Feral "fingerprint" in SteamDB.

Comment

Why Feral?...... They harm linux gaming by releasing bad, really bad ports

Comment

Originally posted by Scellow View Post
                    Why Feral?...... They harm linux gaming by releasing bad, really bad ports
                    Do you have an example? The are one of the only companys to report issues with the open source drivers and the only one I know of besides Valve to provide and free game for testing to the open source devs (although so far it's been a once off thing)

Comment

Working...
                    X