Building A Butcher Block Computer Desk To Comfortably Handle Six Monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building A Butcher Block Computer Desk To Comfortably Handle Six Monitors

Phoronix: Building A Butcher Block Computer Desk To Comfortably Handle Six Monitors

With tiling the basement server room this month, I took the opportunity to build a new desk that's capable of easily handling six monitors while allowing for a better layout and more organization than before. Here are some details on building a butcher block wooden computer desk.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"Building A Butcher Block Computer Desk To Comfortably Handle Six Monitors" - and then complaining not enough people subscribe so that you can run some tests.

I don't recall where I heard this (a movie, for certain): never feel sorry for a man that owns a plane

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      "Building A Butcher Block Computer Desk To Comfortably Handle Six Monitors" - and then complaining not enough people subscribe so that you can run some tests.

I don't recall where I heard this (a movie, for certain): never feel sorry for a man that owns a plane
      As explained in the article, building it was the cheap way of going about it.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

So Michael, when are you going to add homebrewing to your list of hobbies?

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
          So Michael, when are you going to add homebrewing to your list of hobbies?
          Wish I had the time.... Though the new machines like the picobrew and such are interesting and eliminate time and other troubles, but too expensive :/
          Michael Larabel

Comment

It's funny to see how different Scandinavian taste/style is from American, especially regarding home decorating, color and choice of surfaces (wood, floor, etc).
            Last edited by Azpegath; 23 March 2016, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Probably picobrew is not big enough for your needs
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                Probably picobrew is not big enough for your needs
                Actually these days I usually just drink beer on weekends to save money and wife's rambling of supposed health benefits, except for days I convince her otherwise
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                  It's funny to see how different Scandinavian taste/style is from American, especially regarding home decorating, color and choice of surfaces (wood, floor, etc).
                  Care to elaborate? You've piqued my curiosity
                  All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post

Care to elaborate? You've piqued my curiosity
                    I'll take a stab at it.
                    The colors and tiles have the look of Norway in the 1980s.

Comment

Working...
                    X