Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Fills Its Role For A Diversity Advisor

Phoronix: Fedora Fills Its Role For A Diversity Advisor

It took a year, but the Fedora Project has announced that it has now found a Diversity Advisor to sit on the Fedora Council...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, shit. This can't be good.

Comment

Diversity Advisor...

So, a SJW?

Comment

It's kinda hilarious that this has to be anything but a white man, but then again assumes that just by not being a member of that group you can speak for ALL minorities.

Comment

Originally posted by nils_ View Post
          It's kinda hilarious that this has to be anything but a white man, but then again assumes that just by not being a member of that group you can speak for ALL minorities.
          White man is always a trouble. Everytime something terrible happens like shooting or bombing it most of the times involves white men. Like guys from Paris or these guys from Brussel:

God, save us from white men.

Comment

Can we please keep SJWs out of our communities, 99 % of us sit behind screens, so even if you did consider race, sex or sexuality important to software you would still not be able to discriminate.
            SJWs turn everything to shit, please please please don't let them in!
            People should be judged on their merits, not their race etc. The best person for the job should always be hired regardless of the current composition of a team.

Rant over (for now).

P.S. since this person has contributed to Fedora for a long time, she might sane, but opening up positions like this is playing with fire, and usually only done to appease the SJWs in the first place, which is a very dangerous thing!
            Last edited by simonalsn; 24 March 2016, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I don't care what the race of the person is at the other side of the screen, or the color of their skin. And I wont care if I meet them in person, either.

Making an issue of it only makes it worse. We *should* only care about the technology.

Don't get me wrong, I love learning about different cultures. But I don't judge people based on them.

Comment

Wonder if everyone should say they are a minority race or gay. We hide behind screens right? I'm considering doing that next time I'm applying for anything. Can't test if I'm actually gay can ya? The biggest victim wins why not use it as an easy iwin button.

Comment

Originally posted by DIRT View Post
                  Wonder if everyone should say they are a minority race or gay. We hide behind screens right? I'm considering doing that next time I'm applying for anything. Can't test if I'm actually gay can ya? The biggest victim wins why not use it as an easy iwin button.
                  And if you don't deliver you can always blame it on misogynist, racist, raping by just being present in another room, homophobic white male that doesn't want you to succed and you were targeted by secret white men club in the office.

Comment

Depressing and predictable comments as usual, which confirm that there is still a long way to go.

Comment

Working...
                    X