Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFS v0.469 Scheduler Released With Linux 4.5 Kernel Support

Phoronix: BFS v0.469 Scheduler Released With Linux 4.5 Kernel Support

Con Kolivas has released his new version of the BFS scheduler for the Linux kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

michael, any chance that you are planning to benchmark this against the stock one? there have been quite a few changes to pstate etc. would be nice to see where this fits.

Comment

BFS or regular kernel with CONFIG_SCHED_AUTOGROUP are less for benchmarks where one application gets all the processor power,
      but more for responsiveness and beeing able to still use the PC while doing CPU heavy tasks.

Comment

Originally posted by ObiWan View Post
        BFS or regular kernel with CONFIG_SCHED_AUTOGROUP are less for benchmarks where one application gets all the processor power,
        but more for responsiveness and beeing able to still use the PC while doing CPU heavy tasks.
        my bad when i meant benchmark i meant can we have some statistics to verify BFS's claims ? I know archwiki has some documentation on it but having a fresh round here at phoronix would be nice.

Comment

Working...
        X