Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUS1 Documentation Published As The New Alternative To KDBUS

Phoronix: BUS1 Documentation Published As The New Alternative To KDBUS

With KDBUS having faced a large uphill battle in its attempt to be mainlined in the Linux kernel, systemd developers continue working on the new BUS1 project as a new, in-kernel IPC mechanism for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

IIRC this was a new IPC, and not repurposing D-Bus?

Comment

Seems like the most interesting part bus1.message is still missing.

Comment

Okay...is no one gonna question why there's a photo from Nicaragua in the article?

Comment

Originally posted by tigerroast View Post
          Okay...is no one gonna question why there's a photo from Nicaragua in the article?
          I'm intrigued by that too.

Comment

I searched for "BUS1" in Google Images and found that image... linked to this article. The plot thickens.

Comment

Probably the first bus that starts rolling everyday in Nicaragua, therefore "Bus 1".

Comment

Okay, found out how to do a reverse image search on Google, and apparently this photo was taken outside of Universidad Centroamerica, where Michael went for DebConf 12.

That answers one question, but begs another. Why did Michael put this picture into the article? Perhaps having the ambition to travel to conferences again?

Comment

I'd venture a guess that it's because it happens to be a picture with a bus in it. And the article is about BUS1. A small pun (is this technically a pun?) is all, I believe.

Comment

I guess by that image Michael wanted to post something like this, but didn't have anything quite as rad: http://cdn2.ubergizmo.com/wp-content.../12/willie.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X