KDE's Plasma 5.7 To Let You Login To Online Accounts, Initially OwnCloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE's Plasma 5.7 To Let You Login To Online Accounts, Initially OwnCloud

Phoronix: KDE's Plasma 5.7 To Let You Login To Online Accounts, Initially OwnCloud

Better ownCloud integration is coming for Plasma 5.7...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh that is cool!

Comment

The date makes me less than inclined to take this seriously

Comment

Hope they soon also add support for other providers such as Google and Microsoft.

Comment

Awkwardly reminds me of the onedrive integration of windows. Maybe a revenge for stealing gnome and turning it into the metro ui? The linux-windows war never ends...

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
            Awkwardly reminds me of the onedrive integration of windows. Maybe a revenge for stealing gnome and turning it into the metro ui? The linux-windows war never ends...
            Well, a lot of the GNOME UX was taken from Mac (I think OS X had something like the Activities Screen called exposé before GNOME did), so it's not exactly a Windows/Linux thing.

Comment

I'm inclined to believe today's date is relevant, this doesn't make much sense.

Comment

as much as i can't see my self ever using KDE. this can only be described by imagining Brick and his screaming from Borderlands 2 "That... was... AWESOME!!!"

there is just problem of the date.

Comment

I'm wondering what oauth provider they are using on the backend (but not enough to actually, you know, just go look at the code). I know from personal experience libsignon / accounts-sso is a tremendous disaster that has been unmaintained for years, but that is what KDE Telepathy uses (to much chagrin). If KDE make a network accounts framework that just handled oauth / openid / webdav signin it would be miracle cream.

Comment

It amazes me that it has taken this long for something to accomplish this. OneCloud may sync your data, but it doesn't sync much else unless you explicitly tell it to, and it can be kinda tedious to set up.

Comment

Working...
                    X