Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Frameworks 5.21 Released

Phoronix: KDE Frameworks 5.21 Released

The KDE community today announced the release of KDE Frameworks 5.21.0 as the latest version of these building blocks for building KDE and other Qt applications...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if we'll ever get a KDE version ever again that doesn't feel like a beta due to all the bugs and glitches :-P

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      I wonder if we'll ever get a KDE version ever again that doesn't feel like a beta due to all the bugs and glitches :-P
      I'm always surprised to hear from people still using KDE4.0...

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        The thing is, on a single monitor, with a single workspace, KDE is as solid as Windows or OS X. But when you want to do more (and the whole point of KDE is to be able to do more), things start to go downhill.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

The thing is, on a single monitor, with a single workspace, KDE is as solid as Windows or OS X. But when you want to do more (and the whole point of KDE is to be able to do more), things start to go downhill.
          Kubuntu 16.04 with staging ppas enabled is rock solid for me. I was using manjaro and waited for famous qt 5.6 update (and plasma 5.6), aaaand new issues popped out.
          So I am now back to Kubuntu 16.04 and plasma 5.5.5 is rock solid for me, everthing works really well on multi-desktop and multi-monitor setup and I am surprised that it works so well Removed PIM and akonadi and disabled annoying kwallet, and everything works well on my all intel laptop (had to enable DRI3 to workaround some intel bugs tho).

Comment

Originally posted by schnelle View Post

Kubuntu 16.04 with staging ppas enabled is rock solid for me. I was using manjaro and waited for famous qt 5.6 update (and plasma 5.6), aaaand new issues popped out.
            So I am now back to Kubuntu 16.04 and plasma 5.5.5 is rock solid for me, everthing works really well on multi-desktop and multi-monitor setup and I am surprised that it works so well Removed PIM and akonadi and disabled annoying kwallet, and everything works well on my all intel laptop (had to enable DRI3 to workaround some intel bugs tho).

I hope you're right, I'm using Kubuntu at work. Won't update till it's released (updated at home and it's all good, but don't want to risk having to roll back at work), but if it's as good as you say, I'll be really surprised, because on an updated 15.10 w/ KDE PPA, I'm still having some issues. And the slow session restore seems to be alive and well in 5.5. I was hoping it will be fixed in 5.6, but you say 5.6 has issues on its own

Comment

Please, please, please release KF5 Okular. Qt4 one is unusable on hidpi displays.
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Okay, just as an update for those wondering if the multiscreen support got any better. I just updated my AMD64 machine to
                • Applications 15.12.3
                • Plasma 5.6.2
                • Frameworks 5.21.0
                • Qt 5.6.0
                and must say that, unfortunately, the desktop still cannot handle dynamic multiscreen (attaching monitor via docking station, undocking the notebook while at sleep, etc.) and corrupts the screen and/or crashes a lot (plasmashell, kwin, ...)

Keep your fingers crossed for the next updates

Comment

Working...
                X