Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell XPS 15 Skylake Linux Benchmarks

Phoronix: Dell XPS 15 Skylake Linux Benchmarks

Many Phoronix readers have been inquiring about any Linux hardware review and benchmarks of the Dell XPS 15 (9550) Skylake laptop. Here are some Linux benchmark resources...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You could get the Dell XPS 15, or if you want to support the Dell Sputnik project, you can get the Dell Precision 5510 if you want a 15 inch and get Ubuntu preinstalled. It does have a different GPU though. It runs pretty well once I installed Arch Linux on it (I am using the integrated graphics).

Comment

Originally posted by CuriousTommy View Post
      You could get the Dell XPS 15, or if you want to support the Dell Sputnik project, you can get the Dell Precision 5510 if you want a 15 inch and get Ubuntu preinstalled. It does have a different GPU though. It runs pretty well once I installed Arch Linux on it (I am using the integrated graphics).
      The Precision line isn't as sexy looking though right?

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post

Actually, it looks really sexy to me. Here is a link to the product page: http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/pr...=xctop551015us

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post

The Precision 5110 is basically identical to the XPS 15. The internals are theoretically different, though unless you opt for the Xeon processor...I bet it's the same beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post

The Precision 5110 is basically identical to the XPS 15. The internals are theoretically different, though unless you opt for the Xeon processor...I bet it's the same beast.
            Is it high quality? I need a new laptop for work.

Comment

I've had mine for a few days. Too soon to make a call on quality, but the 9530 I had before it was very good (AFTER I went through a few bad motherboards, which were replaced on site for free.)

In terms of features and performance, this thing is awesome. Especially the screen.

Comment

Wish I had a valid reason to buy the Precision 5110.

Comment

Originally posted by CuriousTommy View Post

Actually, it looks really sexy to me. Here is a link to the product page: http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/pr...=xctop551015us
                  Dell has a bad habit of mounting hinges straight to plastic, how do the hinges look on that model?

Comment

I'd really prefer something without a dGPU and instead one of the new Iris Pro Mobile Chips...

Comment

Working...
                    X