LXD 2.0 Released, Makes Ubuntu's Container Hypervisor Production-Ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LXD 2.0 Released, Makes Ubuntu's Container Hypervisor Production-Ready

Phoronix: LXD 2.0 Released, Makes Ubuntu's Container Hypervisor Production-Ready

Stéphane Graber has announced the release of the LXD 2.0 container hypervisor. LXD was announced at the end of 2014 and today's 2.0 release is now the project's first production-ready release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What is the relation between LXC and LXD?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      What is the relation between LXC and LXD?
      See: https://linuxcontainers.org/lxd/

Comment

I started playing with LXD and it's quite a brilliant piece of software. One downside though is that bare bones LXC integrates with qemu, which makes it possible for example to bootstrap an ARM container on an AMD64 host. This doesn't seem to be possible under LXD and it's a shame, because in some scenarios it xan be very handy.

Comment

So much time lost with VirtualBox.. my life became much simpler when I started using LXC instead. When Linux Mint 18 comes out, I will be trying LXD as well.

Comment

Is there any writeup on how to configure your own image - i.e. my own custom installed trusty64 image created from official ISO/repos? All the tutorials I read tell you to download images from some cloud provider. I don't know who created them and what was installed.

Comment

Originally posted by budric View Post
              Is there any writeup on how to configure your own image - i.e. my own custom installed trusty64 image created from official ISO/repos? All the tutorials I read tell you to download images from some cloud provider. I don't know who created them and what was installed.

You can start with a downloaded OS image, customize it to your liking, and then clone it as a reference image that you can use moving forward.

Comment

Working...
              X