Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.20.1 Released

Phoronix: GNOME 3.20.1 Released

GNOME 3.20.1 is out today as the latest stable version of the GNOME desktop environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wayland support complete when?

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post

Depends on what you consider as "complete"

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
        For normal people it's already complete.
        For Wacom Tablet users, it's currently not complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post

For normal people it's already complete.
          For Wacom Tablet users, it's currently not complete.

wasn't feature parity wacom support added 2-3 weeks ago? https://blogs.gnome.org/carlosg/2016...ort-is-merged/ at least software wise. don't know about control panel

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post

wasn't feature parity wacom support added 2-3 weeks ago? https://blogs.gnome.org/carlosg/2016...ort-is-merged/ at least software wise. don't know about control panel
            Fairly sure that'll be merged for 3.22 in september rather than the current 3.20.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

Depends on what you consider as "complete"

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Wayland_features

Thanks for the link. I see nvidia support is already 50%. I wonder how that happened and where I could track it

Comment

I wonder if gnome on wayland will ever allow us to disable pointer acceleration...
                It was a feature requested by several people when they redesigned the mouse and touchpad configuration for 3.20, but its still not possible although libinput exposes the "flat" acceleration profile for several month now.

Comment

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post
                  I wonder if gnome on wayland will ever allow us to disable pointer acceleration...
                  It was a feature requested by several people when they redesigned the mouse and touchpad configuration for 3.20, but its still not possible although libinput exposes the "flat" acceleration profile for several month now.
                  you should probably use libratbag for that. anyone who knows that he needs to be able to disable pointer acceleration is probably more than capable installing that.

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post

you should probably use libratbag for that. anyone who knows that he needs to be able to disable pointer acceleration is probably more than capable installing that.
                    I didn't know about that project and took a look, but it does not seem like its really what i'm looking for. I don't want to configure resolution or button mappings of gaming mice, i just want to use my desktop without wierd acceleration. Under X i can just use xf86-input-libinput with the flat profile by putting a line in a conf file, which is not great for the average user but at least works. Keep in mind there are actually non-technical, non-gaming users who dislike pointer acceleration

Comment

Working...
                    X