Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD CodeXL 2.0 Released, Now Is Open-Source

Phoronix: AMD CodeXL 2.0 Released, Now Is Open-Source

AMD this afternoon announced CodeXL 2.0 as the newest version of their GPU debugger, CPU/GPU profiler, and static kernel analyzer. CodeXL 2.0 is a big leap forward and is now open-source!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great news for devs

Comment

This is excellent news, hopefully over time more of it can be properly opened and more functionality can be integrated.

Congratulations, folks at AMD.

Comment

Cool!

I can't find the binaries (I'm not really keen on to build from source) - does anyone know if they are available or where they are provided?

Comment

In theory there are pre-built deb and rpm packages plus a downloadable binary archive, but all I have found so far is what seems like tools & scripts to build packages.

I'll ask the devs where to look for "install the binaries" instructions.
          Test signature

Comment

Awesome! Does anybody know if we can use it with Mesa?

Comment

Looking at the code I see the path to debain where debian should be present. That needs to be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                In theory there are pre-built deb and rpm packages plus a downloadable binary archive, but all I have found so far is what seems like tools & scripts to build packages.

I'll ask the devs where to look for "install the binaries" instructions.
                Thanks for that. I'd like to try it out again, last time it would refuse to recognise my AMD GPU (now at least I'd have a chance to see why).

Comment

Great news, I've been using CodeXL ever since it was called gDebugger and was developed by Remedy. AMD bought it and completely destroyed it. I was still using gDebugger until today, since AMD mainly focused on OpenCL in CodeXL, and I'm only interested in OpenGL.
                  This seems to be a step in the right direction, let's hope they keep going!

Comment

binary releases: https://github.com/GPUOpen-Tools/CodeXL/releases

Comment

Working...
                    X