Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firebird 3.0 Open-Source Database Released

Phoronix: Firebird 3.0 Open-Source Database Released

Firebird 3.0 was released this week as the newest version of this popular, open-source relational database system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Firebird does not support Basic information schema from the SQL standard.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL_compliance

Firebird does not support Basic information schema from the SQL standard.
      It's hard to tell, actually. I don't know where the Wikipedia information comes from, but the "SQL Conformance" section of the Firebird website hasn't been updated for more than ten years, so it might not be as bad as it looks. Not exactly something to inspire confidence, though.

Comment

I've been using firebird since v1.0 .
        Actually SQL conformance is pretty good and performance is not only very nice, also it's a solid db engine (99% installs runs linux) .
        Also, you can have several drivers/connectors for many platforms and programming languages.

As for backups, they have never been a problem to me, they are fast with just gbak utility. Nbackup may be
        faster and in some cases more flexible, but gbak is a safer bet for me.

I'm in v 2.5, but as things calm down a bit, will give v 3.0 a more thorough test.

Comment

Working...
        X