Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Updates Carrizo Firmware To Support More UVD Sessions

Phoronix: AMD Updates Carrizo Firmware To Support More UVD Sessions

For those running a Linux system powered by an AMD "Carrizo" APU, there's an updated firmware blob out today to benefit your UVD video decoding experience...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Uh, ehm, 40 sessions? What does that mean? Like having 40 applications that do some kind of video playback accessing the HW at the same time? Or just decoding larger data streams in parallel?
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Is UVD also present in the desktop Carrizo Athlon X4 845?

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
        Uh, ehm, 40 sessions? What does that mean? Like having 40 applications that do some kind of video playback accessing the HW at the same time? Or just decoding larger data streams in parallel?
        decoding 40 data streams in parallel

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol

According to Wikipedia and other sites, the GPU on Athlon X4 845 is disabled.
          ???
          I wasn't asking for the GPU, I asked for UVD.

Comment

So you don't have the answer to my question.

Comment

Interesting. Carrizo's UVD seems to have some gut's.

Comment

how to update firmware on ubuntu 16.04?

Comment

Get the firmware from the Linux firmware tree:

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Carrizo firmware is in the /lib/firmware/amdgpu/ directory. You can find them from the freedesktop site. Also amdgpu-pro has amdgpu-pro-firmware_16.20.3-294842_amd64.deb package, download and unzip the driver from amd site.
                    so, can i install only the .deb "amdgpu-pro-firmware_16.20.3-294842_amd64.deb", without install all others deb?
                    because i've already tested this driver but has very high temperature and very low performance on carrizo, now.

EDIT: ok i've extracted all firmware of the amdgpu-pro driver into /lib/firmware/amdgpu, and i've restarted the pc.
                    i haven't problems
                    Last edited by Dea1993; 27 May 2016, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X