Epiphany Browser Does Its First Development Release Towards GNOME 3.22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphany Browser Does Its First Development Release Towards GNOME 3.22

Phoronix: Epiphany Browser Does Its First Development Release Towards GNOME 3.22

GNOME's Epiphany web-browser has done its first development release in the GNOME 3.21 series, which is culminating with the GNOME 3.22 release this September...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just wondering... Does anyone here use other browser than chrome/ium and Firefox? Reasons?

Comment

A few more tweaks to Epiphany and I won't care to use Firefox. I don't even touch Chrome. The more Epiphany gets a services structure to leverage between GNOME apps ala OS X the more powerful the GNOME desktop becomes in a work flow.

Using Epiphany allows for developing WebKit 2 compliant web sites knowing anything Chrome is doing not supported in WebKit2 is experimental and often broken. Having that consistent Web code for Linux and OS X, to iOS is all I actually care about.

Comment

Originally posted by misp View Post
        Just wondering... Does anyone here use other browser than chrome/ium and Firefox? Reasons?
        Iridium + VimFx + uBlock Origin.in advanced mode.

From the official website:

/**
        * The iridiumbrowser is based on the Chromium code base. All modifications enhance the privacy of the user and make sure that the latest and best
        * secure technologies are used.
        * Automatic transmission of partial queries, keywords, metrics to central services is prevented and only occurs with the approval of the user.
        * In addition, all our builds are reproducible and modifications are auditable, setting the project ahead of other secure browser providers.
        **/

Comment

Last time I tried Epiphany it seemed very slim down, kind of like Microsoft Edge. It didn't offer much except a canvas for the web.

I found it a bit boring. It didn't feel so useful. I hope its gotten better.

Comment

i use epiphany chrome/ff are nothing but waste of ram. second reason is that Save as Web Application in epiphany covers most of my browsing

Comment

I use Epiphany primarily on my 2-in-1 mainly because Firefox is super slow and doesn't have touch scrolling support.

I also fire up Epiphany on other computers occasionally when one of my privacy settings in Firefox causes a page not to load right (like USPS's tracking page having weak SSL for one).

Comment

Epiphany, Midori, GNOME Web.. why?

Comment

Originally posted by tessio View Post
                  Epiphany, Midori, GNOME Web.. why?
                  Why... what?

Epiphany and GNOME web are the same thing (desktop manager labels it as GNOME web, but package managers usually have it listed as epiphany or epiphany-browser; on another note, there is an unrelated epiphany package in some distros/repos too which is why epiphany-browser can be used).

Comment

my problem with Gnome-Web it still lac ks AntiPhishing support an much more, its not secure IMO , doesnt support Extensions, another blocker for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X