Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revised DRI2 Enters Mesa, X Server

Phoronix: Revised DRI2 Enters Mesa, X Server

Earlier this month we shared that X.Org 7.4 will lose DRI2 support. Direct Rendering Infrastructure 2 (DRI2) was just conceived one year ago and X.Org 7.4 would have been the first release with this technology that allows for directed rendering to redirected windows...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

typo: line 3; redundant 'though'
    typo: line 4; 'from' should be 'to'

This comment may be removed immediately when the errors have been corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
      typo: line 3; redundant 'though'
      typo: line 4; 'from' should be 'to'

This comment may be removed immediately when the errors have been corrected.
      Fixed, thanks. Was multitasking too much this afternoon
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Also the bit about Intel in the first para is backwards...they went from TTM to GEM.

Comment

Yeah, you corrected the typo incorrectly.

Don't feel bad, just be sure to get some good sleep tonight..

Comment

Oooh - as soon as radeonhd/fglrx starts working with this I might ditch my release-based Ubuntu 8.04 gaming partition for something more bloody-edge/developer friendly

Comment

This is grate!
              Hopeful X.Org 7.5 comes in six months after X.Org 7.4

And the portions to go into the kernel, when are they going to be merged, in 2.6.28??

Comment

Nifty. I hope this means we will have a fully modernized graphics architecture by sometime next year.

Comment

Yeah, it's going to be awesome when all these sweet new things are fully implemented

Comment

Working...
                  X