Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland 1.11 Planned For Release At The End Of May

Phoronix: Wayland 1.11 Planned For Release At The End Of May

Bryce Harrington has laid out plans for shipping the next major version of Wayland (v1.11) around the end of May and of course joined by Weston 1.11...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The 1.11 release looks like it will include pointer locking support. Finally!

Comment

Will this fix the bug of the random mouse input with games like Leaft 4 Dead 2? Or the flickering in videos on firefox?

Comment

Originally posted by boffo View Post
        Will this fix the bug of the random mouse input with games like Leaft 4 Dead 2? Or the flickering in videos on firefox?

Yes, provided you use a version of xwayland which has the pointer warping emulation code, X11 games which use pointer warping for mouse input should work as expected.

As for Firefox, not sure. I think your luck will likely improve as soon as they have it running natively under Wayland instead of on X11.
        And as always, try to file bug reports instead of complaining to strangers; strangers care even less than people who could help. The people who can help will become less helpful, the more you complain to strangers about their work.
        Last edited by microcode; 27 April 2016, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

Yes, provided you use a version of xwayland which has the pointer warping emulation code, X11 games which use pointer warping for mouse input should work as expected.

As for Firefox, not sure. I think your luck will likely improve as soon as they have it running natively under Wayland instead of on X11.
          And as always, try to file bug reports instead of complaining to strangers; strangers care even less than people who could help. The people who can help will become less helpful, the more you complain to strangers about their work.
          I didn't mean to complain, I understand that xorg will stay for a long time and that the Wayland "eco"system is still young. I've googled it and found that it wasn't implemented, I just wasn't sure this work would fix the problem. As of Firefox there are missing feature on linux like vaapi/vdpau support, but there is no point in submitting a bug report, because it's been already submitted.

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
          Very clever to use such a buggy desktop.
          You mean Gnome on Wayland? I like it, especially the lower power consumption on my laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by boffo View Post

You mean Gnome on Wayland? I like it, especially the lower power consumption on my laptop.
            Don't engage the troll; that user is known for griefing the Wayland threads. (yes, griefing haha)

Comment

Working...
            X