Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warsow 2.1 Recently Released With Offloaded Rendering

Phoronix: Warsow 2.1 Recently Released With Offloaded Rendering

While checking on various Linux game benchmarks this morning, I noticed Warsow 2.1 was quietly released at the end of March without much attention. Warsow continues to be a multi-platform, GPL-licensed first-person shooter game powered by the Qfusion engine, a very distant derivative of the Quake II engine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great engine and game. Android port is also nearly there and the art assets are almost completely CC-by-SA as well since the previous release.
    Just the main engine developer is a bit of a passive-aggressive PITA, making art contributions somewhat tedious

The assault tactics mode (similar to TF2) is also not getting the attention it would deserve... sometimes I think it would benefit from a friendly fork that would put the focus purely on team-based multiplayer.
    Last edited by Julius; 27 April 2016, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Julius View Post
      Just the main engine developer is a bit of a passive-aggressive PITA, making art contributions somewhat tedious
      Ah, poVoq, good old friend.. Still calling the idea of slapping random head models found onto poor unsuspecting Warsow player models an "art contribution".

Just dropped by to let you know that I fully support the idea of a friendly Warsow fork that would allow such contributions and that I would gladly merge patches from such a fork into engine mainline given they would pass code quality control.

Comment

Working...
      X