Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 11.3/12.0 Planned For Release In June

Phoronix: Mesa 11.3/12.0 Planned For Release In June

Mesa release manager Emil Velikov has laid out plans to release the next version of Mesa in just over one month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So the "open" issues per driver are:

For 4.3 on radeonsi: bugs 95005 and 95085, neither of which seems to be worked on.

For 4.3 on nvc0: same as radeonsi, plus missing implementation of GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior. Also, not all hw that nvc0 supports has working GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store and GL_ARB_shader_image_size implemenntations, so no GL3.txt entry yet. Work seems to be ongoing except for the bugs.

For 4.3 on i965: possibly the same bugs as above, GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64, GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit and GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior. The first two are in develeopment/review, no idea about the last one.

Comment

As of last weekend there was one more issue: wrong colors rendered in some widgets in QT, at least when GTK style is used. I normally use the Oibaf PPA's packages in Debian Unstable and they normally work fine, but last Friday's (4-22-2016) updates led to screwy colors in Kdenlive and all other QT programs. The video being played or rendered was fine, and the overall theme was mostly correct, but the selected colors were totally screwed up. Firing up the color picker showed the problem: A color specified by an HTML value that showed in GTK with the correct color would show as another, entirely different color in QT, even with the same numerical value. Rolling back to the previous week's version of Mesa fixed the problem, hoping this turns out to be transient.

I have no idea where or if to file a bug report against an Ubuntu PPA package being used in Debian.

Comment

Won't it already be Mesa 12.0 as it's advanced from 4.2 to 4.3 support?

Originally posted by Luke View Post
        As of last weekend there was one more issue: wrong colors rendered in some widgets in QT, at least when GTK style is used. I normally use the Oibaf PPA's packages in Debian Unstable and they normally work fine, but last Friday's (4-22-2016) updates led to screwy colors in Kdenlive and all other QT programs. The video being played or rendered was fine, and the overall theme was mostly correct, but the selected colors were totally screwed up. Firing up the color picker showed the problem: A color specified by an HTML value that showed in GTK with the correct color would show as another, entirely different color in QT, even with the same numerical value. Rolling back to the previous week's version of Mesa fixed the problem, hoping this turns out to be transient.

I have no idea where or if to file a bug report against an Ubuntu PPA package being used in Debian.
        Fortunately the offending commit has been reverted. See https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...db8b4aa3e7569c and https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=95071.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke View Post
          It is already fixed upstream, I use the mesa-git repo on Arch and it went away about 2 days ago.

Comment

core mesa changes are not needed for 12.0 version bump

Comment

three weeks left to finish missing extensions. plenty of time

Comment

Three weeks left to add support for ARB_shader_image_load_store on Fermi, and maybe Maxwell.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                  Does it really matter since we had both core and driver since 11.2?

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post

But there are both core and driver bump, since RadeonSI driver and MESA both gained OpenGL 4.3 this month...

Comment

Working...
                    X