Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Early Look At Some Of The New Features Of LibreOffice 5.2

Phoronix: An Early Look At Some Of The New Features Of LibreOffice 5.2

While LibreOffice 5.2 isn't scheduled to be released until later this summer, here's an early look at some of the most interesting features coming to this multi-platform, open-source office suite...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice set of changes. I wonder in what version we would see the gtk3 File open and save as dialogs.

Comment

The GTK3 stuff is definitely the most longed for feature... But I hope they get rid of the Java dependency as well. I'm currently running it without Java (on Gentoo) and I'm getting some warnings every time I upgrade/recompile regarding stability. But it is mostly working fine, I've seen some recurring crashes, but I don't think they're related to Java.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
        The GTK3 stuff is definitely the most longed for feature... But I hope they get rid of the Java dependency as well. I'm currently running it without Java (on Gentoo) and I'm getting some warnings every time I upgrade/recompile regarding stability. But it is mostly working fine, I've seen some recurring crashes, but I don't think they're related to Java.
        Gentoo Java Lead here. Why u no like our Java?

Comment

Maybe you're asking the wrong question Chewi, maybe he just doesn't like java. It's definitely at the core of most issues at my job.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
            Gentoo Java Lead here. Why u no like our Java?
            Oooh I looove it! Just not in LibreOffice

Comment

Originally posted by srkelley5 View Post
              Maybe you're asking the wrong question Chewi, maybe he just doesn't like java. It's definitely at the core of most issues at my job.
              I was kinda joking. Even I don't like Java that much.

Comment

Hm, nice, single toolbar mode. The multiple toolbars were kinda extraneous ever since the sidebar was introduced, so this will save on prized vertical screen space for all my low-res devices.

Comment

Originally posted by cyrius View Post
                  Nice set of changes. I wonder in what version we would see the gtk3 File open and save as dialogs.

The future is now.
                  Just haveto untick "[Open/Save Diallogs] Use LibroOffice Dialogs" in the General settings tab.

Comment

Have they changed ugly default styles ?

Comment

Working...
                    X