Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 11.2.2 Released With Big Endian Improvements For Radeon, LibEGL For OpenBSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 11.2.2 Released With Big Endian Improvements For Radeon, LibEGL For OpenBSD

Phoronix: Mesa 11.2.2 Released With Big Endian Improvements For Radeon, LibEGL For OpenBSD

Mesa release manager Emil Velikov of Collabora has announced the release of Mesa 11.2.2, the newest stable point release for this user-space stack to the open-source graphics drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's pretty huge news... It means there's a non-x86 development board out there with an AMD GPU slotted in a PCIe port... Maybe one of the bi-endians like ARM or POWER? Was it one of 96boards maybe? Awesome news.

Comment

I believe that the person working on the big endian fixes (Oded Gabbay?) was doing it on some generation of power.. Not sure which off the top of my head.

Comment

*cough* sparc64 *cough* ... yeah there is a T2000 in my closet (and I have PCI-e adapter cable to munge a PC graphics card into it.... so it will get tried at some point. I also tried hacking off a cheapo PCI-e card but this didn't work.

Comment

Could be a lot of things. (Power boards, or something ARM, since AMD is into ARM recently.) Nice additions in any case.
          Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Very, very good news.
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

is there a PPA for ubuntu 16.04 with updated stable mesa?

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
                There used to be one by a guy named Yasi (called 'xorg-related'), but apparently it's gone now. At least that's how I got Mesa 11.2.1.

And yes, that is a real problem with Ubuntu (and Fedora too, by the way): Canonical should update to the latest stable Mesa version ASAP, since there is absolutely zero reason not to...

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
                  Actually, scratch what I said about the PPA no longer being available!

Code:
                  sudo add-apt-repository [B]ppa:joe-yasi/xorg-xenial[/B]
                  It seems he has renamed it to 'xorg-xenial'...

After adding the PPA & updating, you should be running Mesa 11.2.2 (I know I do).

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
                    After adding the PPA & updating, you should be running Mesa 11.2.2 (I know I do).
                    yep it checks out https://launchpad.net/~joe-yasi/+arc...tu/xorg-xenial thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X