Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libinput 1.3 Brings Tablet Pads Support

Phoronix: Libinput 1.3 Brings Tablet Pads Support

Libinput 1.3 was released today with support for tablet pads -- the tablet part of a graphics tablet, with this being the last feature the developers needed for declaring feature-complete graphics tablet support in this widely-used input handling library...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

libinput is awesome, I don't get why they didn't enable it by default in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS for X11. It's one of the first things I enable on fresh installations.

Comment

I just wish that it properly supported multi-touch on my laptop's touch display. I don't use it much, and simple touch input with one finger works fine, but a two finger scroll would be great.

I think application and/or toolkit support would be needed for single touch click or scroll support. That would of course be even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post
        I just wish that it properly supported multi-touch on my laptop's touch display. I don't use it much, and simple touch input with one finger works fine, but a two finger scroll would be great.

I think application and/or toolkit support would be needed for single touch click or scroll support. That would of course be even better.
        I have a 12" ThinkPad Yoga, running the Fedora 23 KDE spin, and I just noticed that my touchscreen finally works! I can now open the KDE menu, launch apps, app menus, drag the scrollbar, etc, all appears to be working now (initially you could move the cursor around, but couldn't actually click on anything). Yay! :-)

Edit: Just tried pinch zooming in Firefox on Google Maps, and that doesn't work, so, yeah. But at least the touchscreen is useful for something now, running Linux had somewhat defeated the whole point of buying a Yoga before!
        Last edited by hubick; 10 May 2016, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X