Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FP64 / OpenGL 4.2 Is Close To Being Finished Up In Intel Mesa

Phoronix: FP64 / OpenGL 4.2 Is Close To Being Finished Up In Intel Mesa

The latest patches from Igalia have been published for finishing up the ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 implementation within Intel's Mesa driver, which would bring it into supporting OpenGL 4.2 (thanks to the other extensions already being completed) for the latest generations of Intel hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The more Intel gfx driver improvements the better. Currently the drivers are mediocre for such a giant tech company.

It's great to see Intel pulling their socks up after criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
      It's more like these are really difficult, rarely utilized extensions, and they've been working on them for a while, and they're finally being released not too long after being accused for not doing anything because nobody cares if you're working on something, they only care if you've finished something checklistable.
      Or more than that, their response to the criticisms is the whole "we're gonna try sharing more between windows and linux drivers" thing than anything in this news.

Not saying that I'm not really excited for this, I check mesamatrix and Phoronix every day waiting for new OpenGL versions being supported on my machine.

Comment

Funny you say that, considering it's not Intel working on these extensions

Comment

I wonder if the GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts patches will make into git before feature freeze?

Comment

More like they're late implementing features people paid for long ago. Should have been ready day one.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

More like they're late implementing features people paid for long ago. Should have been ready day one.
              Really? I didn't really miss these. Won't probably ever use them directly or find any app that will. It's nice to have full OpenGL support but you could just as easily just fake it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
                To clarify, Intel has contracted Igalia to complete this work.
                Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
                Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
                  If Intel is paying for it, it amounts to the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X