13-Way NVIDIA OpenCL Performance & Perf-Per-Watt From Fermi To Maxwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13-Way NVIDIA OpenCL Performance & Perf-Per-Watt From Fermi To Maxwell

Phoronix: 13-Way NVIDIA OpenCL Performance & Perf-Per-Watt From Fermi To Maxwell

Similar to this week's article of looking at the OpenGL performance from the GeForce 9800GTX through GeForce GTX 980 Ti and TITAN X in preparation for Pascal Linux testing ahead, today I am doing a similar comparison while looking at the OpenCL compute performance. For thirteen NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards from Fermi to Maxwell I ran a popular OpenCL benchmark while comparing not only the raw performance but also the performance-per-Watt.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wondering how long it will take for 1080 support in nouveau

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      looking at the LuxMark performance
      Fixed that, for you.

Was hoping to see the effect of the batch size change you made to the SHOC benchmarks.

Comment

Michael, nice data, thanks! Does the 650 have an issue with the Lunmark benchmarks? Results for that card are missing (and I have one, so it's my reference into these cards performance). Also, the 750/750ti wasn't in there and that's a very popular card.

Comment

Originally posted by willmore View Post
          Michael, nice data, thanks! Does the 650 have an issue with the Lunmark benchmarks? Results for that card are missing (and I have one, so it's my reference into these cards performance). Also, the 750/750ti wasn't in there and that's a very popular card.
          I didn't bother with the cards really not capable of too great compute performance or relevant for future comparison to GTX 1070 / GTX 1080, if there's enough interest can add them.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I didn't bother with the cards really not capable of too great compute performance or relevant for future comparison to GTX 1070 / GTX 1080, if there's enough interest can add them.
            If you did, the 750/750ti would be the most useful--though I don't own that card, so the comparison won't be as meaningful for me. It is my understanding that the 750 series was very popular, so I would suggest that be included--at least in the 1080/1070 reviews. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X