Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Mesa Driver Now Has OpenGL 4.0 Support

Phoronix: Intel's Mesa Driver Now Has OpenGL 4.0 Support

Intel's Mesa driver is now at OpenGL 4.0 compliance with the landing of ARB_gpu_shader_fp64...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Woot! WOOT!

I didn't know anything about this group, but this wikipedia page helped (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igalia).

Comment

Gaming on laptop approaching

Comment

Awesome. I'm still on Haswell, but it's good to see that Igalia managed to land the FP64 support (and don't have to keep rebasing the giant patch-series that was 64-bit support).

Comment

... at last. well being a haswell user i'll have to wait for another couple of months, while my mother's entry-level AMD mullins based netbook is already at 4.3

Comment

Mesa 12 with 4.3 exposed in all drivers would be pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              Phoronix: Intel's Mesa Driver Now Has OpenGL 4.0 Support

Intel's Mesa driver is now at OpenGL 4.0 compliance with the landing of ARB_gpu_shader_fp64...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Mesa-Hits-GL4

I'm getting a NUC6i7KYK with Intel Iris Pro 580, a pair of Samsung 950 PRO NVMe drives and 32GB of DDR4 in the mail next week. If you'd like some tests run on it (assuming you don't have one) I'd be happy to lend it to you by shell for a week or run the tests myself.
              Last edited by microcode; 16 May 2016, 05:28 PM.

Comment

It's nice to see that new Intel chips support OpenGL 4. Would be interesting to know if tesselation will be supported for Vulkan too in the future. Looking forward to see some benchmarks of real OpenGL 4 games (Bioshock Infinite and DiRT Showdown just used a stupid feature detection but worked before with override).

Comment

Another haswell user here. I was very excited for this to land, but disappointed to see it is for broadwell and newer.
                  Guess I will have to wait another few months.

Comment

Originally posted by flubba86 View Post
                    Another haswell user here. I was very excited for this to land, but disappointed to see it is for broadwell and newer.
                    Guess I will have to wait another few months.
                    Any idea if Ivy Bridge is similar to Haswell in terms of driver code? Would be shame if Ivy Bridge was already dropped from official supported platforms.

Comment

Working...
                    X