Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSA IL Front-End Proposed For GCC

Phoronix: HSA IL Front-End Proposed For GCC

HSA stakeholders are hoping to mainline their HSA IL front-end for the GCC compiler stack. In particular, BRIG, the binary form of the Heterogeneous System Architecture Intermediate Language...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How many years is HSA being developed/baking?

One can use it this year or just next year when they are able to mainline this frontend?

Comment

The HSA stack is the core of Radeon Open Compute:

http://www.hpcuserforum.com/presenta...M_FInal_V3.pdf
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        The HSA stack is the core of Radeon Open Compute:

http://www.hpcuserforum.com/presenta...M_FInal_V3.pdf
        John,

that were my thoughts about dad's new system.
        So A10-7860(K) or 'better' Athlon X4 845 with dGPU (later upgrade)?

Thanks again!

-Dieter

Comment

Yeah, I think so. Note that the 845 has no display so dGPU is needed from day one.
          Test signature

Comment

Hopefully last addendum...

With the second ('better') X4 845 solution I know I need dGPU from day one, that's why I wrote later upgrade ;-)
            I have to start with smaller borrowed solution from my friends computer shop.
            Then switch dad's system to my hopefully _soon_ with Polaris 10 replaced HD 6670 --- if I only could place an order for Polaris 10, currently ;-)))
            After that dad's system get much better gfk from one of my nephews R9 380X (Antigua XT / GCN 1.2) or R9 280X (Tahiti XTL / GCN 1.0). At the end all such horse-power isn't really needed for his system.

Computer science with all of it 'Neben-/Randbedingungen' (constraints/boundary conditions)...

Go on with all your GREAT OSS effort!

Greetings,

Dieter

Comment

Working...
            X