Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Broadwell Graphics Are Much Faster With Mesa 11.3

Phoronix: Intel Broadwell Graphics Are Much Faster With Mesa 11.3

Not only is there now OpenGL 4.2 support for Intel's Mesa driver but also as part of the massive Mesa 11.3 release in development there are OpenGL performance improvements too, at least for newer Broadwell hardware.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

my hd5500 is happy too see this
    (i am too )

Comment

It would be nice to test with an iris pro as well

Comment

Not to worry, by the time Broadwell is thoroughly obsolete, it will be working at 100%.

Comment

Can we have an openbenchmarking test ID please?
          Rob
          email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by dagger View Post
            Can we have an openbenchmarking test ID please?
            If you click on any of the OpenBenchmarking icons on any of the OB graphs, it should take you right there... Is it not doing that for you? If so, what browser are you using? The small OB icons on all the graphs in lower left hand corner should always take you there. otherwise just inspect the element if you're on some weird browser to get the ID.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

If you click on any of the OpenBenchmarking icons on any of the OB graphs, it should take you right there... Is it not doing that for you? If so, what browser are you using? The small OB icons on all the graphs in lower left hand corner should always take you there. otherwise just inspect the element if you're on some weird browser to get the ID.
              I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know!
              Rob
              email: [email protected]

Comment

Looks like a 5 to 30% improvement. Great direction !

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                  Not to worry, by the time Broadwell is thoroughly obsolete, it will be working at 100%.
                  That's the shame. Maybe Intel will have learnt something from this as some may have jumped ship and be their loss.

When I upgrade my NUC5i5RYH I'm not sure if I want Intel HD graphics again, or aim for NVidia. For me it's all about the wattage for mobile use, but it has been painful with Intel for gaming and desktop glitches.

Comment

Originally posted by dagger View Post
                    I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know!
                    Ah, okay. Cheers. Let me know if any other questions.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X