Wine-Staging 1.9.10 Brings Rewritten CSMT Multi-Threading For Linux Gamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 1.9.10 Brings Rewritten CSMT Multi-Threading For Linux Gamers

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 1.9.10 Brings Rewritten CSMT Multi-Threading For Linux Gamers

Wine-Staging 1.9.10 is out today with more experimental patches atop this week's Wine 1.9.10 snapshot...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's a good news!
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Hopefully Everquest stops crashing.

Comment

Michael, any interest in benchmarking a few games on WINE to track the improvements?

Comment

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
          Michael, any interest in benchmarking a few games on WINE to track the improvements?
          +10 to this

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            +10 to this
            While this could be interesting, CSMT gave some smoother experience with higher FPS but, the main problem was occasional freezing (in my case) , which I doubt it can be reflected in a benchmark.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
              A short freeze is more likely in the linux graphics drivers. With A8-7600 amd crimson driver gives more solid fps in Tomb Raider 2013 benchmark than amdgpu mesa driver or amdgpu-pro driver. However amd crimson fails to paint reflections on Laras face and graphics looks better with amdgpu mesa driver or amdgpu-pro driver.
              Well, in my experience which was with the Intel open driver on Ivy Bridge, it worked flawlessly without CSMT, just with lower FPS. CSMT introduced the freezes but increased the FPS and added some extra smoothness in the animation. It looked like it froze whenever a burst in loading textures or something like that had to be done, like first time revealing something.

It might be the driver or even hardware related, my knowledge in this area is limited.

PS: Tomb Raider has been released as a native port linux right?

Comment

Working...
              X