Linux 4.7 Supports Realtek ALC234, Continued Work On Skylake HDMI Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.7 Supports Realtek ALC234, Continued Work On Skylake HDMI Audio

Phoronix: Linux 4.7 Supports Realtek ALC234, Continued Work On Skylake HDMI Audio

Adding to the list of Linux 4.7 features/changes so far are device driver improvements in the audio realm...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Skylake HDMI audio seems to mostly work here, and it has been working since kernel 4.5. On the other hand, onboard Skylake audio controller isn't behaving really well. When I start playing sound, it emits short static noise before it starts playing actual sound I want. I am aware that it's probably PM issue, where sound starts playing before the codec has finished its resuming. Developer working on alsa is also aware of this, but doesn't really have any good solution.

Comment

M-Audio ProFire 2626: Two Digital Ins and Outs for the price of Scarlett Saffire Pro 40. And supported in Linux 4.7? I currently have Behringer FCA1616 audio interface and that's more than enough for me for having pro effects units and rack mount synthesizers.

Comment

Working...
      X